Thursday, August 29, 2019

Translation I

If you have an Arabic text that you can't read, just translate it into your language. Then ignore the translation and listen to the Arabic voice reading out the text you entered : click the button


                      and listen to the Arabic voice.



                            As simple as that  !

 
I needn’t remind you that Web translation is not always accurate, but you can use it here as a starting point.
 Good luck to you !

  Bonne chance !








 WRITING ARABIC
(browse down)

All words begin with the same letter :



شَهِدَ شُرطِيٌّ شَنْقَ شَقيقِ 
شَيْماءَ
A policeman saw Shaima's brother hanged.

قَطَّعَ قاضي قُباءَ قَميصَ قَيْسٍ
  The Judge of Qubaa tore Qays’s shirt  to  pieces.

(Qubaa is a place near Madina in Saudi Arabia.)

دَفَعَ داوودُ دينارَيْنِ دونَ  
دَيْنِهِ


Dawud paid two dinars in addition to his credit.

(Dawud is Arabic for David.)

أَسْمَعَ أَحْمَدُ أَهْلَهٌ  أَحْلى أَغانيهِ أَمامَ إِمامِهِ
Ahmed sang his best  songs to his family before his imam.

*****************************************************************************

Now, let’s write the first Arabic sentence.

I click this link :



I get this keyboard :
I start typing the letters from right to left.

First word :      شَهِدَ

I type      ش     then     ه    then    د 


I get    شَهِدَ    (but without vowels !)


To add vowels, I type each vowel (from the 

symbols in the third line down) after each letter :


I type     َ    (on the letter)   after         ش

I type    ِ     (under the letter)    after   ه

I type     َ    (on the letter)     after        د
        

I get    شَهِدَ  (with all vowels)

Then I space out words as in English. However, as far as punctuation is concerned, the full stop (period) does not always remain in its place when copied and pasted on WORD.

To read the sentences well, listen to the Arabic reading on your translation software as explained above.










No comments: